Monday, September 12, 2016

Rotation Diet- Day 2- Baked Chicken

Irvin and I have been doing the rotation diet for a couple of months now and it has been so much fun! We get to eat everything- all vegetables, fruits*, animals, and grains!

We always look forward to something different the next day.
"Tomorrow is day 1? Oh! Coffee!!!"
"Tomorrow is day 2? Spearmint Tea with butter!"
"Tomorrow is day 3? Yerba Mate!"
"Tomorrow is day 4? Earl Gray!! My favorite!"
 You might think it is limiting but four days fly by and we've gotten really creative in our food prep.

Like last night! I baked some chicken tenders and cabbage in our large cast-iron skillet! So good!

 So! I was going to bake the chicken tenders and cabbage at 450 with EVOO because I was following a recipe I had found online for chicken breast but thankfully Irvin, lovingly reminded me that at a certain temperature Olive Oil goes rancid! We found out that that temperature is 200 degrees!!! So I lowered the heat to 185. Not a clue how it would turn out! Even though I set a timer for 25 mins still kinda forgot about them after it went off so I think I pulled them out between 35 and 40 minutes.

Waa La! 
So! If you cook at all with Olive Oil make sure not to heat it past 200 degrees! 
*Today is the first day of a Parasite Cleanse we started so we get to eat all the green apples, berries and citrus we want.


Baby grapefruit tree

Cooked to perfection

Natural Ave. laboratories

No comments:

Post a Comment