Monday, November 3, 2014

Hachiya Persimmons

No wonder my mommy loves these yummy yummy orange jewels! We only get them at the Farmers Market for a short time during the year and I missed it last year. So as soon as they went from 4/$5 to 99¢ I grabbed 3 ripe ones! 
Over the weekend I tossed some leftovers into a recycled talenti gelato container to make some overnight porridge

Overnight porridge with what's in the kitchen 
2 TBSP golden flax meal
2/3C cooked brown rice
6oz Coconut flavor Almond yogurt
1/2 tsp Maca Powder (loving my energy these days)
a few ounces of nut milk
Now stir and let soak overnight 

In the morning I looked up a quick video of how to open one of those persimmons, grabbed the rippest one and half of my porridge out of the fridge. I decided that a TBSP of bee pollen would look pretty for a picture - and it's tasty too!!! :)


I went on to add a TBSP of Sacha Ichi powder for some extra protien but don't recommend it for texture, save that for smoothies!


I also made some cookies with one of the other persimmons for my mama with coconut sugar, flax eggs, coconut oil, and Gluten-Free all purpose flour this morning! 


Getting creative with what's in the kitchen and whats in the season!


No comments:

Post a Comment