Thursday, November 13, 2014

Spicy Carrot Bites with Carrot Pulp and Clementines

After making a small amount of carrot juice with my Omega 8005, I was left with lots of carrot pulp! This usually happens with carrots for some reason but not most other things.

Most of my pulp goes into the compost pile but this pulp looked so delicious and fiber-icious I decided to make something of it!- and carrots are fun! Also, I've been thinking a lot about carrot cake... So lets make an Raw-Vegan-Gluten Free Carrot Pulp bite! Yay!

I got a 2lb bag clementines on sale over the weekend and made some clementine juice!
Fresh and seasonal
I wanted soaked dates for the recipe and decided to soak them in the clementine juice- I used 5 dates (actually 4 and 1 half, because I wanted a lil' shnack ^-^)


The next morning I used these ingredients to make some Carrot Pulp Bites! 


Ingredients:
1C Gluten-Free Oats
1/2C Shredded Coconut
5 Dates soaked in Clementine Juice
(can substitute with OJ)
1tsp Cinnamon
1tsp Nutmeg
(adjust seasoning to taste)
1 1/2C Carrot Juice Pulp
1/4C Walnuts
(optional)


Combine Gluten-Free Oats and Coconut Shreds in a food processor until you get a nice fine meal then add the Clementine soaked DatesCinnamon and Nutmeg, and top with Carrot Pulp. Pulse until ingredients combine evenly!


Since these little balls of sunshine would be coming with me to have coffee with my aunts, mama and sisters at my sister's beautiful home, I decided to split the ingredients up into two batches. Not only did I save some space in my little Ninja- I could make one set without the walnuts, so my aunt with an allergy could try them if she wanted!
Needless to say, I only used 1/8C of Walnuts in the 2nd batch ;)



This recipe was a second attempt at crafting something delicious with leftover carrot juice pulp and after a lovely morning with some of the ladies from my family, I'd have to say it was a success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment